- APPLICABLE TO STUDENTS WHO ARE ADMITTED TO THE
- FYBMS Class from the academic year 2011-2012
- SYBMS Class from the academic year 2012-2013 and
- TYBMS Class from the academic year 2013-2014 and thereafter.
(REVISED VIDE ITEM No. 4.102 IN THE ACADEMIC COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 25.05.2012)
Eligibility norms to appear for the additional class test or assignment or project for learners who remained absent:
- If the learner is absent on medical ground or for any reason/emergency beyond the control of the learner, the learner must apply to the Head of the Institution giving the reason(s) for absence within 8 days of the conduct of the examination along with the necessary documents and testimonials.
- If the learner is absent for participation in Inter Collegiate events, State or National or International level events, Training camp or coaching camp organized by authorized university or state or national or international bodies, NSS / NCC Events / Camps / cultural activities / sports activities / research festival or any other activities authenticated by the head of the institution, the head of the Institution shall generally grant permission to the learner to appear for the additional class test or assignment.
- The Head of the Institution, on scrutiny of the documents and testimonials, may grant the permission to the learner to appear for the additional examination.
- The Additional Class Test (or Viva Voce examination) or Assignment must be conducted 15 days prior to the commencement of the Semester End Examination after following the necessary procedure and completing the formalities.
MODE OF CONDUCT OF INTERNAL ASSESSMENT FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE REAPPEARING FOR THE INTERNAL ASSESSMENT
- For Courses without practical : In case of learner who is reappearing for the Internal Examination, the examination will consist of one project of 40 marks which will be divided into 20 marks for the documentation of the project, 10 marks for the presentation and 10 marks for the Viva Voce and the interaction.
- For Courses with practical : In case of learner who is reappearing for the Internal Examination for subjects with Practical, the examinations will consist of practical examination of 40 marks which will be divided into 20 marks for the machine work / laboratory work, 10 marks for the Viva Voce Examination and 10 marks for the Journal.
ADDITIONAL SEMESTER END EXAMINATION:
Eligibility to appear for additional semester end examination:
A learner who does not appear i.e. remains absent in some or all the courses on medical grounds or for representing the College / University in sports, cultural activities, activities of NSS, NCC or sports training camps conducted by recognized bodies / competent authorities or for any other reason which is considered valid under exceptional circumstances and to the satisfaction of the Principal or the Head of the Institute OR fails in some or all the courses is eligible to appear for the additional examination. A learner who does not appear for both the Internal Assessment and Semester End Examination shall not be eligible to appear for the additional Semester End Examination.
The additional Semester End Examination shall be of two hours duration and of 60 marks per course. The learner shall appear for the Semester End Examination of the course for which he/she was absent or has failed. Learners who are punished under O.5050 shall not be eligible to appear for this additional examination.
MODE OF SEMESTER END ADDITIONAL EXAMINATION:
- There will be one additional examination for Semester I, II, III and IV only for those who have failed or remained absent.
- The absent learner will be allowed to appear for the examination by the head of the institution after following the necessary formalities subject to the reasons to the satisfaction of the head of the institution.
This examination will be held 20 days after the declaration of results but not later than 40 days.
- APPLICABLE FOR STUDENTS ADMITTED TO FYBMS CLASS IN THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2010-2011 AND TO THE STUDENTS OF SYBMS AND TYBMS ADMITTED DURING THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2011-2012 AND PRIOR:
Eligibility to appear at the additional examination:
There will be ONE additional examination for Semester I, II, III and IV for those who have failed or remain absent. The absent student will be allowed to appear for the examination by the Head of the Institution after following the necessary formalities of medical/special ground. This examination will be held 30 days after the declaration of the results but not later than 60 days.
Nature of the additional examination:
- The Internal Examination for the reappearing students will consist of one project of 40 marks which will be divided into 20 marks for the hard copy of the project, 10 marks for the presentation and 10 marks for the viva-voce.
- The Additional Semester End Examination shall be of two hours duration and of 60 marks per paper/subject. The student shall appear for the paper/subject of the term examination which he/she has missed.